This week, a number of teams are teaching their players about batting a ball in the end zone after Monday night’s Lions @ Seahawks game. Expect refs to actually call the penalty if it ever happens again this year.
After losing to the Jets in London, the Miami Dolphins sacked Joe Philbin and installed Dan Campbell, their tight ends coach, as interim head coach.
We still have a team with no wins, the Detroit Lions, after losing in Seattle to the Seahawks in a gut wrenching loss that could have gone the other direction if the ‘batting the ball‘ call was made by a ref after Calvin Johnson fumbled the ball on the way to the end zone. The ball was batted out of the end zone by K. J. Wright. I predict the Lions lose a few more games before they come out of their current tailspin.
The following teams are still dominating:
- The Patriots (3-0) had a bye so they couldn’t lose!
- The Bengals (4-0) still looking strong, but they face a resurging Seahawks (2-2) team this week in Cincinnati.
- The Broncos (4-0) still overpowers with their defense.
- The Packers (4-0) are the most complete team so far. They face the Rams (2-2) in Green Bay, so they should be able to keep their streak alive!
- The Panthers (4-0) are looking good, but they have the Falcons (4-0) breathing down their neck. A bye week will ensure that they are still 4-0!
- The Falcons (4-0) are blasting opponents with a high powered offense and a hard hitting defense. Just ask the Texans (1-3).
Single Win Teams Could Still Save Their Season
11 teams are struggling with only one win. Since only 4 games have been played, this is not necessarily a death blow for these teams. We still have a lot of football left to play.
Micheal’s Week 5 Predictions
Colts (2-2) will travel to Houston and lose to the Texans (1-3) with Matt Hasselbeck at the helm as Andrew Luck looks on with a sore shoulder.
- The Falcons (4-0) host the Redskins (2-2) and defeat them handily.
- In a division game, the Browns (1-3) travel to Baltimore and lose to the Ravens (1-3)
- The Seahawks (2-2) travel to Cincinnati to lose to the Bengals (4-0). Expect a few turnover by the Bengals, but their offense is too much for the Seahawks.
- The Packers (4-0) host the Rams (2-2) and serve them with a loss. The Packers will have a little trouble with the Rams defense, but Aaron Rodgers will still put up a lot of points.
- The Bears (1-3) lose to the Chiefs (1-3) in a closer game than it should have been.
- The Saints (1-3) will give the Eagles (1-3) a tough game, but will lose.
- The Jaguars (1-3) break their 11 game road game losing streak and extend their 4 game win streak over the Buccaneers (1-3) who also extend their 11 game home losing streak. Lovie Smith will have 2 weeks to figure out how to turn the Bucs around.
- The Bills (2-2) will have a slugfest with the Titans (1-2) in Tennessee. The defense will win this game for the Bills.
- The Cardinals (3-1) will win over the Lions (0-4) in Detroit. Expect a lot of turnovers.
- The Patriots (3-0) travel to Dallas to crush the Cowboys (2-2) to avenge Tom Brady and his wife from the smack talk of Greg Hardy. “Gronk spike ball (many times)!”
- Broncos (4-0) will win over the Raiders (2-2), but expect the game to be closer than you would expect.
- The 49ers (1-3) fly to New Jersey for a night game against the Giants (2-2). The Giants should be able to win this game.
The Steelers (2-2) will not be able to overcome the passing attack of the Chargers (2-2) and Philip Rivers.
Last Week Results
I didn’t do as well as I expected. 9-6 is not real bad. The Jaguars could have won if they had made the field goal as the last seconds ticked off the clock. Instead, the Colts won the game in overtime.
Let me know how you did – leave me a comment!